- 1 (9 inch) pumpkin pie (store bought or your favorite recipe, we used the see below)
- 1 Box – Duncan Hines Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- You Will Need
- 1 Cup Water
- ⅓ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Large Eggs
Pan Size / Bake Time
- 2 8″: 26-31 minutes
- 2 9″: 23-28 minutes
- 13″ x 9″: 23-28 minutes
Baking Instructions – follow cake box instructions then use instructions below for additional assistance and assembly
(vary with brand)
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F for metal or glass pan(s), 325°F for dark or coated pans*. GREASE sides and bottom of pan(s) and flour lightly.
- BLEND cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). BEAT at medium speed for 2 minutes. POUR batter in pan(s) and bake immediately. Pour a cup and a half of the batter in the bottom of the pan, then place purchased pie in the center of the pan and then use remaining cake batter to pour over over the pie to top off.
- BAKE in center oven at 350°F following chart below. *Add 3-5 minutes to bake time for dark or coated pan(s). PieCake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. COOL cake in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. (HINT) Follow directions on the box. Remove the pie from the package and follow simple directions on the box. Assemble in the cake pan. Be careful to center the pie in the pan. Then carefully pour the batter over the pie in the pan.
- Remove cake from pan and cool completely before frosting.
- Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting
- 4 large egg whites (totally clean, no yolks!)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lb unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Assemble the PieCaken:
- It is easier to assemble the PieCaken if chilled.
- On an 8 inch cake board or serving plate. Spread a ½ inch layer of frosting over the top of the pie, then around the sides.
- Refrigerate the PieCaken for at least an hour.
- Let sit at room temperature for an hour before serving so the buttercream softens.
- Cut the PieCaken into 8 to 12 slices using a sharp knife dipped in hot water.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream!
We used the Marie Callender Pumpkin Pie –
**** Marie Callenders Pumpkin Pie packs the smoothest, creamiest pumpkin filling mixed with the perfect blend of cinnamon, sugar, and spices into a rich, tender, made-from-scratch pastry crust. Made with wholesome ingredients, Marie Callenders Pumpkin Pie is full of 100% real pumpkins and homemade flavor. Perfect for any occasion, this pie is as easy to make as it is delicious. Just pop Marie Callenders Pumpkin Pie in the oven and youll have a mouth watering pie in no time. With 0 g trans fat per serving, Marie Callenders Pumpkin Pie is a tasty way to top off your family dinner. From our kitchen to yours since 1948, each Marie Callenders pie is made to strengthen the bonds between family and friends.
- 36 oz. Marie Callenders Pumpkin Pie
- Smoothest, creamiest pumpkin filling mixed with the perfect blend of cinnamon, sugar, and spices in a rich, tender, made-from-scratch crust
- Marie Callenders Pumpkin Pie is made with 100% real pumpkins
LikeLiked by 1 person
That slice of Pie Caken looks so yummy