From our Friends at StyleBluePrint.
Below, you’ll find three light, easy and delicious salad recipes that hit the mark every time. Plus, each salad includes a dressing recipe that perfectly complements it. And these creative springtime salads easily transition to summer, so you can enjoy these healthy, easy and tasty dishes all summer long!
3 Light, Delicious & Easy Salads to Enjoy All Spring & Summer
Cobb Salad with Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 bag mixed greens
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 5-6 strips cooked bacon
- 2 avocados
- Grape tomatoes
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- Add all ingredients except olive oil to a blender or food processor, and blend until garlic is minced and ingredients are well blended. Slowly add olive oil and mix until smooth.
- Combine salad ingredients. Add the desired amount of creamy balsamic dressing to the salad. Toss and enjoy!
- 1 cup of ranch dressing
- 3 teaspoon chili adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 jumbo romaine hearts, chopped
- 1 can of white shoepeg corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados, diced
- Grape tomatoes, halved
- Mexican blend cheese (optional)
- Add ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add corn and allow to char on one side. Season with salt, pepper and ¼ tsp paprika. This adds a nice smoky flavor to the corn. Remove from heat and store on a plate to allow corn to cool.
- Combine all salad ingredients. Toss with desired amount of chipotle ranch and enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 cups diced watermelon (1 ½ lbs)
- ¼ medium red onion, sliced
- 4 oz. feta cheese
- Mint garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine watermelon, feta, mint and onion; toss with dressing to taste.