Leadership and Advocacy –
So in honor of Samantha’s surgery 12 years ago I thought I would create a post about Healthy Living –
Many Factors affect your health. Some you cannot control, such as your genetic makeup or your age. But you can make changes to your lifestyle. By taking steps toward healthy living, you can help reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke and other serious diseases.
- Get the screening tests you need.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Yes – even if you appear to be a healthy weight to others – only your medical professional can tell you if you are at your optimal weight preference.
- Eat a variety of healthy foods, and limit calories and saturated fat – and if you are on a restricted diet – yes – create your own lifestyle not what others lead you to believe – everyone has their own balance and respect others – educate yourself.
- Be physically active – be aware of your needs – if you are restricted you know your bounds.
- Control your blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Don’t smoke – seriously and be observant around others – second hand smoke kills.
- Protect yourself from too much sun – don’t judge others if you don’t know their personal habits –
- Drink alcohol in moderation or don’t drink at all – don’t judge those who don’t drink – they love to be your designated driver – but seriously if you are ok to drink seriously they don’t mind – quit bullying –
- Get enough sleep every day – or try –
But its not just about hygiene, diet and exercise. it is also about your mental well – being – Focus on the positive, enjoy those around you, laugh often and experience the best quality of life possible – presence.
Have a great weekend! Live – Life – Live Right – Be your own advocate ! Trust me it’s worth the challenge!